Or the concealer, or the hairdryer. Seriously ladies, I know we’re all busy and have far too much on our plates, but love thyself. I see women everydaythat would look, and feel, so much better if they just brushed their hair! How can it be that we’ve gone from the fabulous world of flapper girls to the bleck world of sweats? I am the first to admit that looks are not everything, after all I’m no beauty queen, but I am a glamour puss, and you could be too! Think of me as the stranger that tells you there’s toilet paper on your shoe. You’re a little embarrassed, wonder why your friends didn’t bother to mention it, but grateful somebody said something.
- I will not leave the house without some form of makeup (the amount of makeup increases with age, but a little concealer, lip gloss and mascara goes a long way)!
- I will not wear sweats anywhere except the gym (seriously, have you looked at your ass in those things? And the sweats with words, no matter how much they cost, are no better)!
- Uggs are fugly (need I say more).
- I will at the very least put my hair in a ponytail (or do something that tells me I ♥ myself)
- Heels are my friends.
- If the butt sags in my pants, I will throw them away.
- I will love the woman in me and by doing so, my daughter will also love herself.
- I will not confuse being feminine and glamorous with being smart (these things actually go hand in hand, frankly it’s hard for me to consider someone of no substance beautiful).
- Glasses can be chic (embrace your thing, just do it with a little flair)
- I will not let any man out-dress me (drag sistah’s, I ♥ u, I learn a lot from you, but I’m the real deal)!
- Just because it fits, or is in fashion DOES NOT MEAN IT’S FOR YOU (it’s more important to look good than to be “hip”, find the style that fits you!!)
You can do it. No one will laugh. Yes, significant others will wonder what’s going on, but don’t let that stop you. There are thousands of how-to makeup videos on you tube, the style network is about…style, and being broke is not an excuse, there’s a lot of glam in thrift and discount stores. Try it for a week and you will see that the world will look at you with a little more respect, and that you will feel better, walk a little taller…and you may even learn how to sashay!