Vote for me! I mean, Welcome to my blog! I’m not even sure where to begin… I loved Spy vs. Spy, so when I saw Blogger vs. Blogger I was thrilled. I mean really, who doesn’t love a little healthy competition right?! So, thank you for taking the time to read, and vote – you can vote twice, in Chicago even the dead vote, so don’t be shy!
1. When I’m not working I’m still working!!!
Yes it’s true. Since I work from home, I have the luxury of seeing and being with my family whenever they are around, or whenever I’d like. This “luxury” isn’t as luxurious as it sounds because you never really escape your work. It’s always there… calling your name. And as a workaholic turned wife and mother, the temptation is even greater to get a little something done while dinner is cooking. Just one second more and I’ll be done – LOL!!
2. There’s no place like home, there really isn’t because I make the best coffee evah!
For reals. Hands down. Ok, so it looks absolutely nothing like this but dammit it tastes delicious! Café cubano? Café con leche? Un cortadito? Served every hour on the hour. Asi que look out Estarbucks! I’m colando mi café en casa!
3. My signature dance move is a secret.
And this secret move will be revealed during the LATISM ’11 conference’s Awards Gala. I will be exhausted, I will be full of adrenaline, my brain will be full of new ideas, I will have met so many online friends for the first time, and I will be ready to bust a move! Will it be the running man? Un meruengazo? Will I dance like Elaine from Seinfield? Only those that are there will see because what goes on at the conference… oh who am I kidding, somos latin@s, claro que vamos a hablar! 😉
4. This is how we roll..
Whether we’re going to the park, running errands or enjoying some music like here at the Once Upon a Symphony created by the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, we GO! You will most likely hear me telling the kids “hubba, hubba” at some point because we have places to be and are most likely in danger of being late because mommy was working. Asi que ponte los patines, and if you’re in Chicago, you should really take your kids to the symphony. It’s created for kids younger than 5 and they really have a lot of fun!
5. I have a dream too…and it’s run by music!!! And all sorts of music, from classical to house music, from bomba to bolero’s I love it all (ok most of it) but this week the song that has gotten my inspirational juices flowing the most has been this oldie but goodie
6. I’m most proud of well you know, my family!
7. My guilty pleasure is…
8. Que siga la fiesta!!!
9. My favorite place to think was taken by Juan. So my second favorite place to think is my car!
I can crack up the music, open the sunroof, roll down the windows, throw that baybe into 5th and just driiiiiive!! It’s relaxing, it’s refreshing – especially on a gorgeous sunny day along the lakeshore – and it’s where I get some great thinking done!
10. It’s mine and I’ll keep it if I want! I have so many little oddities that I don’t even know where to start. I almost, almost think my husband is used to me, but alas he still wonders what the hell I’m thinking. This fall I’m thinking.. toe socks!
Well friends, that’s it! You now know more about me than you probably wanted to, and I thank you for taking the time to check out my blog post (you can poke around other posts if you’d like), and don’t forget to check out Efrain’s post…