Being that my first job was at a retail store, where I soon became a buyer, I quickly learned some very important words like “cash and carry” and “wholesale”. This also opened my eyes to the fact that there’s a huge markup on things – especially jewelry – so I rarely buy full price. I want quality merchandise at a deep discount.
Yes, there are the discount stores like Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Nordstrom Rack, Off 5th, but if you are like me, you don’t have time to go from store to store, so buy online!
Here is my list of “go-to” websites that satisfy my shopping fix without breaking the bank. All of these sites have a revolving inventory, and have quality goods at great prices – quality is non-negotiable for me. In most cases you have to “sign-up” by giving them your email address, but I think it’s well worth it.
This list will be updated as I come across things, so be sure to come back and check it before you buy!
A few other notes about these sites, check the return policies and note the shipping date. Most of these do not offer expedited shipping and are not the way to go for instant gratification, but think ahead (xmas, birthdays), think clearly (don’t buy it just because it’s on sale, everything on the site is on sale!) and enjoy the great values!
- WOOT: They have a deal of the day in four categories, general, kids, tshirt, wine and then there’s the “deals” page where they list things that are on sale from other sites.
- TOTSY: This is a great site for kids & moms (although I prefer the kids’ stuff). It’s “members only” which means you have to register, but it’s worth it.
- IDEELI: This site sells a little of everything, women, men, kids, home, experiences and travel. My favorite here are women and kids stuff (but mostly women’s items). The items are stylish and affordable. You can pay to upgrade your account to 1st row, which means you get to shop first, which really makes a difference when they do their “RED SALES” and clean out their virtual closets. It’s fast, it’s really inexpensive and can be frustrating because the quantities are low, but did I mention WHAT A DEAL the RED SALE is?!? And in case you haven’t noticed, I love this site. Watch for shipping dates and if you’re not sure, read because not everything is eligible for return.
- GILT: This site offers something for women, men, children, but this is designer stuff at a discount, therefore if you’re uncomfortable paying 3 digits for what you wear, move on. The other things they have here is GILT City where you can purchase tickets to local events at a discount (again, high end, but great values!) and JETSETTER their hotel outlet.
- The Foundry: Great items for your home! Wonderfully curated, they offer something for everyone at every price point. Whether you’re looking for furniture, an ice cream maker or a fantastic clock for that bare wall in the living room their stuff is high quality and again, a great deal.
- Zulily: Kids clothes, home decor, some stuff for mom and home too. From what I’ve seen, if you have a baybe, you’ve hit the goldmine. I’ve purchased from here, but sometimes I only like 1 thing, which to me doesn’t justify the shipping. There are a lot of sales going on at the same time, which means it’s clearly just me, so shop your little heart out (responsibly).